Meet Dr. van Aardt
Opening a medi-spa was a natural extension of Dr. Renier van Aardt’s passion for medicine, beauty and helping people. He began practicing family medicine in Canada in 1993, and now spends much of his time in the practice of cosmetic medicine.
Dr. van Aardt has studied medical aesthetics extensively, and approaches his patients with a thorough understanding of the person as a whole.
He appreciates the medical, psychological and aesthetic considerations that go into making someone feel better – even more beautiful.
Through years of experience, Dr van Aardt has perfected the art of providing medical cosmetic treatments with remarkable patient comfort. The results speak to his attention to detail and ability to reveal or enhance a patient’s natural beauty.
His patients benefit from his ability to see the possibilities and combine different treatments to achieve the best overall results.
Dr. van Aardt has a broad base of clinical experience and expertise to draw on. He’s been offering dermatological laser treatments to patients since 2000. He is also among the top 25 injectors of more than 1,000 Allergan accounts in Canada.
Dr. van Aardt graduated from the University of Stellenbosch in Cape Town, South Africa in 1991, with degrees in Medicine and Surgery and is board certified in Family Medicine. (TBC) He is licensed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons in:
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- South Africa
Prior to basing his practice in Truro, Dr. van Aardt held privileges at the Yarmouth Regional Hospital and was Chief of Staff at Twillingate Hospital in Newfoundland. He also has 10 years of emergency room experience.
Dr. van Aardt believes in learning and teaching. He regularly attends conferences and educational workshops, and credits his own teachers and mentors with much of his success. He is a sought-after speaking on Aesthetic Medicine, as well as having authored two chapters in the popular medical text Procedures in Primary Care, Elsevier.
- Allergan Canada Inc (Botox) – Preceptor and Consultant, Educator for physicians
- Coherent AMT (Laser company) – Preceptor, Educator for physicians
- Laser Plus Clinical Esthetics and Cosmetic Medicine training – Director and Educator
- Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine – Past President
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery – Fellow
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Certified Member
- Sybaritic USA – Member of the Medical Faculty
- European Institute of Scientific Anti-Aging Medicine – Anti-Aging Medicine
- Specialization, started October 2006